Systems Management Server (SMS) 2003 R2 enables organizations to quickly, cost-effectively, and efficiently provide relevant software and updates to users from Microsoft and non-Microsoft vendors. SMS 2003 R2 consists of three tools built on the SMS 2003 SP2 foundation that enables a comprehensive solution for change and configuration management.
The following section lists the tools that comprise this online help content and a brief definition for each tool.
In This Section
- Custom Updates Publishing Tool
- Enables independent software vendor or line-of-business application developers to create software updates catalogs that contain custom update definitions.
- Inventory Tool for Custom Updates
- Scans SMS 2003 client computers for the applicability of custom updates defined in the custom software updates catalog.
- Scan Tool for Vulnerability Assessment
- Scans clients for common software configuration issues by using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer 2.0 engine.