The File Version with Registry Value basic rule is used when creating or modifying custom updates in the Custom Updates Publishing Tool. Most often this property is used as an applicability or installed type rule. A specific file, file version, and registry key value are verified with what is found on the client. If the rule does not pass verification, the custom update is considered not applicable or not installed on the client. The File Version with Registry Value rule has the following configuration settings:
- Registry key: Specifies the path to the registry key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\MyTool\Mykey. This is
a required field.
- Registry value: Specifies the value for the registry key
configured in the Registry value path field. Leave this field blank
to specify the default value.
- Use 32-bit Registry: Specifies whether registry hive
detection will always occur in 32-bit or detect whether the client
is 64-bit or 32-bit and detect the registry hive accordingly. By
default, the Use 32-bit check box is not enabled and both
64-bit and 32-bit registry detection are supported.
- Path: Specifies the relative path to the file
(MyFolder\Notepad.exe). This is a required field.
- Comparison: Specifies whether the file version on the
client is less than, less than or equal to, equal to, greater than
or equal to, or greater than the configured version. This is a
- Version: Specifies the version of the file. The version
must be a valid format or the required field indicator displays.
This is a required field.