The File Exists with Registry Value basic rule is used when creating or modifying custom updates in the Custom Updates Publishing Tool. It can be used as a prerequisite, applicability, or installed type rule. The specified registry value, file, and file properties are verified with what is found on the client. If the rule does not pass verification, the custom update is considered not needed, not applicable, or not installed on the client. The File Exists with Registry Value rule contains the following configuration settings:
- Registry key: Specifies the path to the registry key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\MyTool\Mykey. This is
a required field.
- Registry value: Specifies the value for the registry key
configured in the Registry value path field. Leave this field blank
to specify the default value.
- Use 32-bit Registry: Specifies whether registry hive
detection will always occur in 32-bit or determine whether the
client is 64-bit or 32-bit and detect the registry hive
accordingly. By default, the Use 32-bit check box is not
enabled and both 64-bit and 32-bit registry detection are
- Path: Specifies the relative path to the file
(MyFolder\Notepad.exe). This is a required field.
- Version: Specifies the version of the file. The version
must be a valid format or the required field indicator displays.
This is an optional field.
- Size: Specifies the size of the file in bytes. This is
an optional field.
- Created Date: Specifies the date the file was created.
Use the check box to enable this property and then specify the
creation date and time of the file. The default value is the
current date and time. This is an optional field.
- Modified Date: Specifies the date the file was last
modified. Use the check box to enable this property and then
specify the last modified date and time of the file. The default
value is the current date and time. This is an optional field.
- Digest: (SHA1): Specifies the fixed-size result obtained
by applying the SHA-1 hashing algorithm to the file. For example,
the digest for Notepad.exe might result in
7VWtCnB4ZRhXvY/A7t2LB/lFlMw=. This is an optional field.
- Language: Specifies the language for the file. This is
an optional field.