Use the Define Applicability Rules page of the Create Update Wizard or Modify Update Wizard to configure the rules that verify that the custom update is applicable to the client. When the Inventory Tool for Custom Updates is used to scan clients for custom updates, the applicability rules are evaluated and, if all conditions are met, the custom update is applicable to the client. Applicability rules typically check for the existence of a file, file version less than a defined value, registry key, and so on.
Even though the applicability rules are optional in the wizard, at least one rule must be created for the scan engine to determine whether the custom update is applicable to clients. When a client meets all applicability rules, the custom update is considered to be applicable and the installed rules are then evaluated to verify whether the client already has the custom update.
This page contains the following UI elements:
- Expression Builder
- Specifies the applicability rules defined for the custom update. For more information about creating rules, see How to Create New Rules in the Create/Modify Update Wizard
- XML View
- Provides an XML read-only view of the defined prerequisite rules.
- Returns to the previous page of the wizard.
- Moves to the next page of the wizard.
- Discards the settings and exits the wizard.