The File Size with Registry Value basic rule is used when creating or modifying custom updates in the Custom Updates Publishing Tool. Most often it is used as an applicability or installed type rule. A specific file, file size, and registry key value are verified with what is found on the client. If the rule does not pass verification, the custom update is considered not applicable or not installed on the client. The File Size with Registry Value rule has the following configuration settings:
- Registry key: Specifies the path to the registry key.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MyCompany\MyTool\Mykey. This is
a required field.
- Registry value: Specifies the value for the registry key
configured in the Registry value path field. Leave this field blank
to specify the default value.
- Use 32-bit Registry: Specifies whether registry hive
detection will always occur in 32-bit or determine whether the
client is 64-bit or 32-bit and detect the registry hive
accordingly. By default, the Use 32-bit check box is not
enabled and both 64-bit and 32-bit registry detection are
- Path: Specifies the relative path to the file
(MyFolder\Notepad.exe). This is a required field.
- Comparison: Specifies whether the file version on the
client is less than, less than or equal to, equal to, greater than
or equal to, or greater than the configured size. This is a
- Size: Specifies the size of the file in bytes. This is a