The Application Virtualization System node is the top-level node in the Scope pane. This node displays the name of the server the console is currently controlling, or it displays the name of the local machine (if you're connected by the name) or "local" when the console is connected to the local machine. From the Application Virtualization System node, you can connect to another computer or you can connect to the current computer with a different set of credentials.
You can right-click the Application Virtualization System node to display the following elements.
- Configure Connection
- In this dialog box, you can modify the following settings:
- Web Service Host Name—Enables you to enter the name of
the Application Virtualization System to which you want to connect,
or you can enter localhost to connect to the local
- Use Secure Connection—Select if you want to connect to
the server with a secure connection.
- Port—Enables you to enter the port number you want to
use for the connection. 80 is the default regular port number, and
443 is default secure port number.
- Use Current Windows Account—Select to use the current
Windows account credentials.
- Specify Windows Account—Select when you want to connect
to the server as a different user.
- Name—Enables you to enter the name of the new user by
using either the DOMAIN\username or the
- Password—Enables you to enter the password that
corresponds to the new user.
- Web Service Host Name—Enables you to enter the name of the Application Virtualization System to which you want to connect, or you can enter localhost to connect to the local machine.
- System Options
- On the following tabs on this dialog box, you can modify the
- General Tab—Enables you to specify the Default
Content Path where the OSD and icon files are stored.
- Database Tab—Enables you to specify the maximum
Database Size and the Usage History.
- General Tab—Enables you to specify the Default Content Path where the OSD and icon files are stored.
- Changes the appearance of the Application Virtualization Server Management Console. For more information about changing the appearance of the console, refer to the help files for the Microsoft Management Console.
- New Window from Here
- Opens a new management console window.
- Export List
- Creates a tab-delimited text file that contains the contents of the Results pane. This item displays a standard File Save dialog box where you specify the location for the text file you are creating.
- Starts the management console help file.