By creating host groups, you can customize your views of virtual machine hosts and the virtual machines deployed on them. You can also use host groups to adjust the amount of resources reserved for the host operating system on hosts within the host group.
In This Section
- About Host Groups
- Introduces host groups, and describes the roles host groups can perform in Virtual Machine Manager.
- How to Create a Host Group
- Provides step-by-step instructions for creating a new host group, adding hosts to the host group, and setting host group's properties.
- How to Move Hosts to a Host Group
- Provides step-by-step instructions for moving hosts to a host group.
- How to Modify the Properties of a Host Group
- Provides step-by-step instructions for modifying the properties of a host group.
- How to Delete a Host Group
- Provides a procedure for deleting an empty host group that is not in use.
For the most up-to-date Help information, go to the Virtual Machine Manager 2008 Help Online. To find additional Virtual Machine Manager 2008 documentation, go to the Virtual Machine Manager 2008 TechCenter Library.