You can use the following procedure to create a knowledge article in System Center Service Manager 2010. This procedure describes how to create a new knowledge article to help users obtain the latest service pack for Windows Vista. However, you can follow these steps to create any type of knowledge article.
|To view external content in knowledge articles, the computer on which the Service Manager console is installed must be connected to the Internet, either directly or through a proxy server.|
To create a knowledge article
In the Service Manager console, click Library.
In the Library pane, expand Knowledge, and then click All Knowledge Articles.
In the Tasks pane, under Knowledge, click Create Knowledge Article.
In the form that appears, on the General tab, in the Knowledge article information area, follow these steps:
- In the Title box, type a title for the knowledge
article. For example, type How to obtain Windows Vista Service
- In the description box, type a description for the article. For
example, type You can use this article to help understand this
problem and to correct the problem yourself.
- In the Title box, type a title for the knowledge article. For example, type How to obtain Windows Vista Service Pack 2.
In the Knowledge form, expand the Classification area, and then follow these steps:
- In the Keywords box, type classification keywords that
you can later search, separated by semi-colons. For example, type
Windows Vista; Service; Pack; 2.
- In the Knowledge Article Owner box, browse for and then
select an owner for the knowledge article. For example, select
- In the Category list, select an applicable category. For
example, select Software.
- In the Keywords box, type classification keywords that you can later search, separated by semi-colons. For example, type Windows Vista; Service; Pack; 2.
Expand the External Content area. In the URL box, type the Web address if the information source of the article is known. For example, type http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935791.
Expand Internal Content. In the box, type or paste information about how the user can apply information from the External Content box to fix a problem that is specific to your organization. For example, type Visit the URL to read about how to download the latest service pack for Windows Vista.
Click OK to save the new knowledge article.
To validate the knowledge article was created
Verify that the new knowledge article appears in the All Knowledge Articles pane.