You can use the Operations Manager class libraries to programmatically automate administration tasks. This section provides examples of how to use the System Center 2012 – Operations Manager software development kit (SDK) to perform common administrative tasks.
|For information about using the Operations Manager Command Shell to automate Operations Manager, see the System Center 2012 – Operations Manager online Help.|
In This Section
- How to Connect an Operations Manager SDK Client to the System Center Data Access Service
- Demonstrates how to connect to the System Center Data Access
service from a custom SDK client application.
- How to Configure Management Group Properties
- Demonstrates how to configure global settings that affect all
servers in the Management Group.
- How to Install, Remove, or Repair an Agent
- Demonstrates how to deploy, remove, or repair a System Center
Operations Manager 2007 agent.
- How to Approve Manual Agent Installations
- Demonstrates how to approve pending manual agent
- How to Insert Custom Event and Performance Data
- Demonstrates how to generate and insert events and performance
- How to Display Operations Manager Data
- Demonstrates how to display information about events and
- How to Resolve Alerts
- Demonstrates how to update the properties of Operations Manager
- How to Configure Maintenance Mode for Monitoring Objects
- Demonstrates how to manage maintenance mode settings.
- How to Display Information About a Monitoring Object
- Demonstrates how to gather information from a MonitoringObject object.
- How to Display Management Pack Contents
- Demonstrates how to display information about a management
pack, including the monitoring classes, rules, tasks, and views
that are included in the pack's contents.
- How to Run a Management Pack Task
- Demonstrates how to run tasks that are defined in a management
- How to Create State Views, Diagram Views, and View Folders
- Demonstrates how to create a specific type of view and a view
- How to Delete Views and Folders
- Demonstrates how to delete views and folders from a management
pack that is not sealed.
- How to Create a Group
- Demonstrates how to create a group for a collection of objects.
The group is added to a management pack.
- How to Delete a Group
- Demonstrates how to delete a group for a collection of
- How to Create a Knowledge Article
- Demonstrates how to create a knowledge article for a management
pack or an element in a management pack.
- How to Automate the Setup of URL Monitoring
- Demonstrates how to automate the Setup URL monitoring to use
one more agent computers to monitor a website or web-based
- How to Create an Override
- Demonstrates how to create an override that is used to adjust
default settings that are defined in a management pack.
- How to Get Information About an Override
- Demonstrates how to display information about all the overrides
for rules, monitors, discoveries, recoveries, and diagnostics.
- How to Create a Unit Monitor
- Demonstrates how to create a unit monitor that monitors the
state of a service.