You can create a custom runtime script to discover class instances that you want to monitor. A script is defined as part of a discovery in a management pack. The discovery targets an existing class (for example, a Windows computer, Windows server, or Windows client) and runs for every instance of the class that exists in a management group. To discover new class instances, the script collects data and returns it to a management server for processing. The management server then adds the data to the Operations Manager database.
In This Section
- How to Create Discovery Data by Using a Script
- Demonstrates how to create a runtime script that discovers
- How to Create Relationship Instances by Using a Script
- Demonstrates how to create relationships between discovered
- How to Use Discovery Data in a Management Pack
- Demonstrates how to add a discovery script to a Management