This article can help you plan and deploy your wireless infrastructure using Microsoft System Center Mobile Device Manager (MDM) 2008. This includes establishing Wi-Fi access through public and private connection points for Windows Mobile devices to MDM. Also it provides you with best practices and guidelines to help ensure a more secure and more reliable MDM wireless architecture. You must have MDM fully installed and configured in your company network before proceeding with any MDM Wi-Fi implementation.
You must have a general understanding of the following to proceed:
- Wireless architecture and wireless access points
- MDM Device Management Server
- MDM Enrollment Server
- MDM Gateway Server
- Microsoft Windows Server 2003
- Domain controllers
- Active Directory directory service
- Group Policy management
- Virtual private networks (VPNs)
- Network protocols
- Domain Name System (DNS)
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Secure Socket Layers (SSL)
In This Section
- MDM Wireless Deployment Topologies
Provides an overview, best practices, and setup guidance for the supported MDM wireless topologies.
- Windows Mobile Device Enrollment using Wi-Fi
Enrolling a Windows Mobile 6.1 device by using Wi-Fi from wireless access points that are both external and internal to your company network.
- Procedures for MDM Wireless Deployment
Assists you in configuring your mobile devices.