You use credentials in Essentials 2007 with Run As Accounts. Essentials 2007 supports the following types of credentials for Run As Accounts:
- Windows Authentication. Authentication using
Windows domain or local accounts. This is the only account type
that you can specify a module to run under.
- Community string. Used for interacting with
SNMP devices. Essentials 2007 uses SNMP 2.0, which sends
the community string in plaintext format, so this credential is
secured only down to the agent level. Any task, rule or monitor
exposes it on the network in clear text.
- Basic. A user name and password intended to
be used with HTTP Basic Authentication.
- Simple. Any credential which consists of a
user name and password.
- Digest. A user name and password intended to
be used with HTTP Digest Authentication.
- Binary. Used with Management Packs to store
and retrieve security data for monitoring purposes, such as might
be used with synthetic transactions.
- Action account. Credentials for use with
agent action accounts in Essentials 2007.