Use the Prerequisite Viewer to discover whether your system has all the prerequisites necessary for installing Essentials 2010 components.
The Prerequisite Viewer contains the following elements.
- Provides the names of the components with check boxes that you can select to evaluate the prerequisites for those components.
- SQL Server Name
- Visible only if you have selected the operational database component. Displays the name of the computer that hosts the SQL Server operational database.
- SQL Reporting Server Name
- Visible only if you have selected the operational database component. Displays the name of the computer that hosts the SQL Server reporting database.
- Lists the prerequisites for the components you are installing.
- Lists the status (fail, pass, warning) for the prerequisite.
- Opens the Prerequisite Details message box where, for an item with a fail or warning status, you can see a description of the status and instructions on resolving the issue.
- Displays a table listing each prerequisite, its status, and a More button that you can use to open the Prerequisite Details message box.