The topics in this section describe virtualization management in System Center Essentials 2010 and provide guidelines for common virtualization tasks. For more detailed virtualization management help, read the System Center Essentials 2010 Operations Guide.
In This Section
- Virtualization Management Overview
- Describes the fundamentals of virtualization management in Essentials 2010.
- Choosing Virtual Machine Candidates
- Describes system requirements for virtualization management.
- Designating a Host for Virtual Machines
- Describes how to designate a host server for virtual machines.
- Selecting a Host for Virtual Machines
- Describes how to select a host server when creating new virtual machines or when viewing unmanaged virtual machines.
- Configuring Virtual Machine Properties
- Describes how to configure virtual machine properties, such as disk space, memory, CD/DVD drive, and network properties.
- Adding Files to the Library Folder
- Describes how to add files to the Library folder.
- Migrating Virtual Machines and Removing Host Servers
- Describes how to migrate virtual machines to new host servers before removing a server as host.
- Preparing Virtual Machines for Management
- Describes the steps required to prepare a new virtual machine for management by Essentials 2010.
Copyright © 2009 by Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.