If you encounter errors when you complete the System Center Essentials 2010 Setup wizard or the Configure System Center Essentials wizard, the following information might help in diagnosing and correcting the problem.
For more information about failures in installing or configuring Essentials 2010, refer to the error log files. Setup and configuration log files are located in %USERPROFILE%AppData\Local\SCE\LOGS. To locate these log files, click Start, click Run, type %USERPROFILE% in the text box, and click OK or press ENTER.
For more information about failures in configuring Policy or Agentless Exception Monitoring in Essentials 2010, refer to the Essentials log files located in the TEMP directory. To find the log files, click Start, click Run, type %TEMP% in the text box, and click OK or press ENTER. The error log files are named SCECert[#].log.
If you chose to configure domain-level Group Policy, make sure the logged-in user account has Domain Administrator or Group Policy Administrator privileges.
If the configuration of error monitoring (also called Agentless Exception Monitoring) ended with an error, make sure that the logged-in user account has Administrator privileges on the computer whose drive was selected as the upload location for application error reports.
If you are installing Essentials 2010 with the reporting component selected and Setup fails after selecting a Reporting server with the following error message, "Unable to find a working HTTP site from the <URL> Internet Information Services (IIS) node," there may be several potential causes:
- The Web site exists but did not send a
response within the time period that Essentials expected.
- Proxy configuration settings are
- Configuration of the Reporting server Web
site is incorrect.
- Configuration from a prior installation of
SQL Reporting Services may be incorrectly setting a secure
connection to Reporting Services.
Try the following workarounds to resolve this issue:
- Open the URL in a browser to confirm
- If the browser is able to open the site,
click Next in Essentials Setup to try the detection
- If the browser is unable to open the site,
check to see if the proxy settings are correctly resolving the Web
- If the browser is able to open the site, click Next in Essentials Setup to try the detection again.
- Check the SCE_ReportingMSI.log file for the
following message: “The operation you are attempting requires a
secure connection (HTTPS).” If you see this message, edit the
rsreportserver.config file (usually located in %Program
Services\ReportServer\) as follows:
- Search for the line that reads <Add
- Change it to <Add Key="SecureConnectionLevel"
Value="0">, and save the file.
- Restart Essentials 2010 Setup.
- Search for the line that reads <Add Key="SecureConnectionLevel" Value="2">.
Copyright © 2009 by Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.