To deploy System Center Essentials, you need to set up the management server and install the server components on that server. Use the System Center Essentials Setup Wizard to complete those tasks.
The wizard prompts for the following information:
- Store updates (specify path) locally or
- Specify the Administration Account
- Specify installation folder
The wizard does the following:
- Runs a prerequisites checker.
- Installs Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Express Edition SP1 if needed.
- Configures ASP .NET 2.0
- Installs Windows Server Updates Services
- Installs Essentials server components: the
database, the management server, and a console. The default folder
is System Center Essentials, and the desktop shortcut is System
- Installs management packs. Additional
configuration is not required.
- Installs the Essentials 2007 Reporting
- Creates the Administrator Account (the same
as the Management Server Action Account in the Feature
Configuration Wizard), which by default is set as Local System
|If you install the Essentials 2007 database on an instance of SQL Server 2005 that is set to require case-sensitive credentials, Setup will not complete successfully if you enter the Action Account credentials using the incorrect case.|
For more information about the Setup Wizard and the setup choices to make, see Essentials Installation and Configuration Planning.
How to Start the System Center Essentials Setup Wizard
Insert the product CD into the CD drive.
Run SetupSCE.exe from the root of the CD.
On the Start page, click Full Setup.
Setup can install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP1. This version of SQL Server 2005 can run side by side with other versions of SQL Server 2005 on the same server.