To deploy System Center Essentials 2007, you need to set up the management server and install the server components on that server. Use the System Center Essentials Setup Wizard to complete those tasks.
The wizard prompts for the following information:
- Store updates (specify path) locally or remotely
- Specify the Administration Account
- Specify installation folder
The wizard does the following:
- Runs a prerequisites checker.
- Installs Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP1 if
- Configures ASP .NET 2.0
- Installs Windows Server Updates Services 3.0
- Installs Essentials 2007 server components: the database, the
management server, and a console. The default folder is System
Center Essentials 2007, and the desktop shortcut is System
Center Essentials 2007.
- Installs management packs. Additional configuration is not
- Installs the Essentials 2007 Reporting Server
- Creates the Administrator Account (the same as the Management
Server Action Account in the Feature Configuration Wizard), which
by default is set as Local System Account.
|If you install the Essentials 2007 database on an instance of SQL Server 2005 that is set to require case-sensitive credentials, Setup will not complete successfully if you enter the Action Account credentials using the incorrect case.|
For more information about the Setup Wizard and the setup choices to make, see System Center Essentials Deployment Planning and Installation.
How to Start the System Center Essentials Setup Wizard
Insert the product CD into the CD drive.
Run SetupSCE.exe from the root of the CD.
On the Start page, click Full Setup.
Setup can install SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP1. This version of SQL Server 2005 can run side by side with other versions of SQL Server 2005 on the same server.