The Computers navigation button displays the Computers Overview pane, which contains information about the computers managed by System Center Essentials and provides access to related tasks.
After installing Essentials 2007, if you did not complete the initial tasks for discovering objects to manage and for configuring Update Management, the Computers Overview pane displays a message prompting you to complete those tasks before using Essentials 2007.
When you click Computers, you can view the following information:
- A list of default and customized computer groups that can be
used for software deployment and update management.
- A list of the members of each computer group.
- Installed software for a selected computer.
- Update compliance for a selected computer.
- Disk space usage and other hardware inventory information for a
- Performance monitoring information for a selected computer.
- Alerts for a selected computer.
- Tasks you can perform on a selected computer.