The Authoring navigation button displays the Authoring Overview pane, which displays a list of all installed and imported Management Packs and the objects defined by those Management Packs for System Center Essentials 2007.
When you click Authoring, you can view the following information:
- Management Pack templates.
- Distributed applications.
- Monitoring groups.
- A list of installed and imported Management Packs, and the
classes defined by each Management Pack.
In the Authoring Overview pane, you can also perform the following tasks:
- Add a monitor to a Management Pack.
- Create Management Pack objects.
- Manage Management Packs objects.
- Manage distributed applications.
- Manage monitoring groups.