Use the Networks page of the Operations Manager Model Wizard to specify physical and logical connectivity between the main and remote sites of the management group. Capacity Planner chooses an even distribution of physical and logical connections between the remote sites and main site.
|When you navigate to other pages in the Model Wizard, you should use the Back and Next buttons. Otherwise, results on the Model Summary page might not update.|
The following elements appear on the Networks page of the Operations Manager Model Wizard:
- Specify the typical connectivity between Remote Sites and Management Group
- Designates the type of connectivity from remote sites to the main site.Site to Site: When selected, indicates that remote sites are connected to the main site by a dedicated network connection.Shared WAN: When selected, indicates that remote sites are connected to the main site by a WAN connection, shared with other resources in the organization.Bandwidth: Lists possible network speeds. Bandwidth % available: Indicates the amount of bandwidth that is typically free for network resources to use. Capacity Planner calculates utilization between sites based upon available network bandwidth.
- Specify Connectivity for Each Remote Site
- When available, opens the Customize Remote Site Connectivity action dialog. In this action dialog, you can specify unique connection details for each remote site.
- Returns you to the Remote Sites page.
- Displays the Hardware page.