Simulation results for clients pages show the utilization of connections used by clients in the capacity model and latency of client transactions. This information can help you determine whether you should increase, replace, or reconfigure resources available to the computer that has high-latency transactions. If a transaction is experiencing high latency, you can experiment with alternate topologies and routing strategies in the Model Editor to alleviate the high latency.
The simulation results for clients pages include:
- Utilization of client connection
- Displays information about the utilization of the client connection.
- Latency by transaction
- Displays the latencies of each transaction that occurs on all clients. This information is aggregate data for all clients in the capacity model.
- Latency by site
- Displays the latencies of each transaction that occurs on clients for each site. This information is aggregate data for clients in each site. When you click a transaction, information applicable to the selected transaction is displayed, including each device affected by the transaction.
|If you think you might have resources that are under-utilized or over-utilized or if you think transactions have unacceptably high latency, see Over-Utilized Resources and High-Latency Transactions.|
You can filter the view of displayed resources by performing the following steps.To filter the displayed resources
Click the drop-down icon for a resource title.
Click the item you want to filter by. The resource column heading is displayed in bold characters.
|After you apply a filter, you can remove the filter only by selecting the All item. Filters remain in effect when you navigate away from simulation results. This is apparent when you return to view simulation results by the resource column heading displayed in bold characters.|
You can change the sort order of the resources by performing the following step.To change the sort order of displayed resources
Click the column heading of the displayed resource.
The following elements can appear in simulation results for clients pages.
- General health of the resource, indicating whether the
threshold of the resource is at one of the following levels:
- Above the device utilization threshold, indicated by a red X
- Within 5 percent of the device utilization threshold, indicated
by a yellow exclamation point icon.
- Less than 5 percent of the device utilization threshold,
indicated by a green checkmark icon.
- Above the device utilization threshold, indicated by a red X icon.
- Name of the site.
- From client
- Name of the client profile.
- To LAN/WAN
- Name of the LAN or WAN that connects the client to a site.
- % Busy (Tx)
- Percentage of bandwidth utilized by the connection when clients transmit data to their site.
- % Busy (Rx)
- Percentage of bandwidth utilized by the connection when clients received data from their site.
- Data transfer capacity, or speed, of the client connection.
- Name of the server.
- Name of the hardware resource.
- Name of the client transaction.
- Average latency (sec)
- Average amount of time it takes for the transaction to complete, in seconds. For Average latency (sec) for device latency, the amount of time spent by a transaction at each device is added to determine the average latency in seconds for the transaction.
- Maximum latency (sec)
- Maximum amount of time it takes for the transaction to complete, in seconds.
- Transaction origin site
- Site where the transaction originates.