The ISmsClient interface manages the Configuration Manager client configuration.
In This Section
- ISmsClient::AutoDiscoverSite Method
- Retrieves the site code of the locally available site based on the client's current roaming situation, without assigning the client to the site.
- ISmsClient::DiscoverDefaultMP Method
- Retrieves the assigned management point for a client, without assigning the client to the management point.
- ISmsClient::EnableAutoAssignment Method
- Enables or disables the auto-assignment feature of the client.
- ISmsClient::GetAssignedSite Method
- Gets the currently assigned site of the client.
- ISmsClient::GetCurrentManagementPoint Method
- Gets the management point to which the client is currently assigned.Note: This method is deprecated. Use the ISmsClient2::GetCurrentManagementPointEx Method method instead.
- ISmsClient::ReAssignSite Method
- Forces the client to rediscover its assigned site and then reassign itself to that site.
- ISmsClient::RemoveAssignedSites Method
- Removes all site assignments for the client.
- ISmsClient::SetAssignedSite Method
- Sets the client's assigned site.
- ISmsClient::SetCurrentManagementPoint Method
- Sets the current management point for the client.
The ProgID for the automation object is Microsoft.SMS.Client and it is implemented as part of SMSClient.dll. The Visual Basic reference for early binding is SmsClientLib. The early binding object name is SmsClient. This object is not thread-safe.
Local administrator privileges are required to call this interface.
The IID for ISmsClient is DF56E387-A8BF-409a-8D1C-33CD1908C01A.
For more information, see Configuration Manager Client Runtime Requirements.
For more information, see Configuration Manager Client Development Requirements.
Send comments about this topic to Microsoft.