Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 provides a COM automation object, SMSClientClass, for viewing and configuring the site and management point assignments for a Configuration Manager 2007 client.
You can perform such tasks as:
- Get the assigned site for a client. For more information, see
How to Get and
Set the Assigned Site for a Configuration Manager Client
- Set the management point for a client. For more information
see, How to Get
and Set the Current Management Point for a Configuration Manager
The client configuration options are accessible through SmsClientClass. This class implements two interfaces, ISmsClient and ISmsClient2.
- ISmsClient::AutoDiscoverSite Method
- Retrieves the site code of the locally available site based on the client's current roaming situation, without assigning the client to the site.
- ISmsClient::DiscoverDefaultMP Method
- Retrieves the assigned management point for a client, without assigning the client to the management point.
- ISmsClient::EnableAutoAssignment Method
- Enables or disables the auto-assignment feature of the Configuration Manager client.
- ISmsClient::GetAssignedSite Method
- Gets the current assigned site of the client.
- ISmsClient::GetCurrentManagementPoint Method
- Gets the current management point of the client; that is, the management point that the client is currently communicating with (based on its roaming situation).
- ISmsClient::ReAssignSite Method
- Forces the client to rediscover its assigned site and then reassign itself to that site.
- ISmsClient::RemoveAssignedSites Method
- Removes all site assignments for the client.
- ISmsClient::SetAssignedSite Method
- Sets the client's assigned site.
- ISmsClient::SetCurrentManagementPoint Method
- Sets the current management point for the client.
- ISmsClient2::ClearProxy Method
- Clears the proxy information from the cache.
- ISmsClient2::GetCurrentManagementPointEx Method
- Gets extended information about the current management point of the client.
- ISmsClient2::GetDnsSuffix Method
- Gets the DnsSuffix for clients that locate their management point by using Domain Name System (DNS) publishing.
- ISmsClient2::GetInternetManagementPointFQDN Method
- Gets the URL of the current Internet Based Client Management (IBCM) enabled management point.
- ISmsClient2::GetProxy Method
- Gets proxy information about a URL. If the information is not cached, then detection is initiated.
- ISmsClient2::IsClientAlwaysOnInternet Method
- Specifies whether the client is always connected to the Internet.
- ISmsClient2::IsClientOnInternet Method
- Specifies whether the client is currently connected to the Internet.
- ISmsClient2::MSIReinstallClient Method
- Repairs client installation by making a call to MSIReinstallProduct.
- ISmsClient2::SetDnsSuffix Method
- Sets the DnsSuffix for clients that locate their management point by using DNS publishing.
- ISmsClient2::SetInternetManagementPointFQDN Method
- Sets the Internet Based Client Management (IBCM) enabled management point.
- ISmsClient2::SetProxy Method
- Sets proxy information for a URL.
Client WMI Classes
The Configuration Manager client also provides a Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) class that can be used for getting and setting configuration information. For more information, see SMS_Client Client WMI Class.
Send comments about this topic to Microsoft.