With this release, System Center 2012 Configuration Manager expands the abilities of system administrators to centrally manage computers effectively. Building on the capabilities provided by Configuration Manager 2007, System Center 2012 Configuration Manager provides a refined tool set for software distribution.
The software distribution process advertises packages, which contain programs, to members of a collection. The client then installs the software from specified distribution points. The order in which you create the components that make up the software distribution process is important.
- Create an instance of SMS_Package.
- Create an instance of SMS_Program.
- If an existing collection does not identify the users to whom
you want to distribute the software, create a new collection by
creating an instance of SMS_Collection.
- If the package contains source files, define a distribution
point for the package by creating an instance of
- Create an instance of SMS_Advertisement.
The following topics show how to create the software distribution components: