New reports in Configuration Manager 2007 can be created by specifying the report properties or by cloning an existing report where the properties from the source report are used to create the new report. Use the following procedure to create a new report by specifying the report properties.
To create a new report
In the Configuration Manager console, navigate to System Center Configuration Manager / Site Database / Computer Management / Reporting / Reports.
Right-click Reports, point to New, and then click Report to open the New Report Wizard.
On the General page, specify the following:
- Name: Specifies the name of the report. The report name
must be unique within the report category. This is a required
- Category: Specifies the category for the report.
Categories are case sensitive and, unless a new category is being
created for the report, it is recommended that the category be
selected from the Category drop-down list. This is a
- Display in Computer Details: Specifies whether the
report will appear on the Computer Details page of Report
Viewer. This setting is available only to reports that have one or
no report prompts configured.
- Comment: Specifies a description for the report. This
setting helps to describe the purpose of the report. This is an
- SQL statement: Specifies the SQL statement used to
retrieve the report data. Click Edit SQL Statement to create
the SQL statement that will retrieve the desired data. For more
information about creating SQL statements for reports, see SQL Statement
Reference. This is a required setting.
- Click Prompts to create a report prompt that requests
from the user to enter a value for a required parameter prior to
running the report. For example, a report that retrieves hardware
inventory for a given computer would prompt the user for the
computer name prior to running the report. Click OK, click
OK, and then click Next.
- Name: Specifies the name of the report. The report name must be unique within the report category. This is a required setting.
On the Display page, configure whether the data in the report is automatically updated and whether to provide a chart for the report, and then click Next.
On the Links page, and then specify one of the following:
- No Link: Specifies that a link is not
- Link to another report: Specifies that a link to another
report is configured. Click Select to specify the target
report from the Select Report dialog box. If the target
report requires prompts, you must specify the column from the
source report that will be used to provide the data for each prompt
in the target report. To configure the column, double-click a
prompt, type the column number in the Column text box, and
then click OK.
- Link to Computer Details: Specifies that a link to
computer details is configured. The source report must contain a
column that contains the computer name. In the Computer name
column text box, specify the column that contains the computer
- Link to Status Message Details: Specifies that a link to
status message details is configured. The source report must
contain a column that specifies a status message record ID. In the
Record ID column text box, specify the column that contains
the status record ID.
- Link to URL: Specifies that a link to a URL resource is
configured. Specify the URL in the URL text box.
- No Link: Specifies that a link is not configured.