Global views are a set of views, listed directly under the Monitoring node in the Monitoring pane of the Operations console, that include information from all object types in your deployment of Operations Manager 2007. They are designed to give a high-level overview of the latest issues and actions that have occurred in your management group.
Because items in these views include all objects in your management group, each view can contain a lengthy list of objects. To find a particular object or group of objects from these lists, you can use the Scope, Search, and Find buttons on the Operations Manager toolbar. For more information, see How to Manage Monitoring Data Using Scope, Search, and Find.
Default Global Views
The following global views are created by default when Operations Manager is installed, and they are listed directly under the Monitoring node.
- Active Alerts
- An alert view that displays an aggregation of all alerts that are not closed, in your management group or connected management groups.
- A state view that displays all computers that are members of your management group.
- Discovered Inventory
- A state view that displays all objects located through discovery in your management group.
- Distributed Applications
- A state view that displays all monitoring objects created by the Distributed Application Designer in your management group.
- Tasks Status
- A task status view that lists all available tasks for your management group.
Did you find this information useful? Please send your suggestions and comments about the documentation.