In Operations Manager 2007 R2 you can discover, monitor, and manage UNIX-based and Linux-based computers by using the same interface and tools that you use to manage your Windows-based computers.
You can discover and monitor the following operating systems:
- SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9 and 10,
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server 4 and 5
- Solaris 8 for SPARC, 9 for SPARC and 10 for
SPARC and x86
- HP-UX 11iv2 for PA-RISC and IA64 and 11iv3
for PA-RISC and IA64
- and AIX 5.3 for PowerPC and 6.1 for
To discover and deploy agents to UNIX and Linux computers, run the Computer and Device Management wizard. Detailed instructions for deploying agents to UNIX and Linux computers, including pre-requisite steps and security configuration, is located in the Discovering UNIX/Linux Agents topic in the Operations Manager 2007 Operations Guide.
Did you find this information useful? Please send your suggestions and comments about the documentation.