This section includes information about the deployment of Operations Manager 2007 core infrastructure, factors you should consider before you deploy, and step-by-step procedures to help you successfully perform the tasks you need to complete at various stages of your deployment.
In This Section
- About Deploying Operations Manager 2007
- Provides an overview of general deployment considerations and the factors that can affect your deployment strategy.
- How to Run the Operations Manager 2007 Prerequisite Viewer
- Provides step-by-step instructions for using the Prerequisite Viewer to determine whether a computer meets the system requirements for Operations Manager deployment.
- How to Deploy an Operations Manager 2007 Management Group Using the Setup Wizard
- Provides a set of procedures you can use to deploy the required server components for Operations Manager by using the Setup Wizard.
- How to Deploy an Operations Manager 2007 Management Group Using the Command Line
- Provides a set of procedures you can use to deploy the required server components for Operations Manager by using the command line.
- How to Configure the Windows Firewall to Enable Management of Windows-Based Computers from the Operations Manager 2007 Operations Console
- Provides the procedure to configure the Microsoft Windows Firewall Group Policy settings to enable the agent- and agentless management of computers from the Operations Manager 2007 Operations console.
- How to Deploy the Operations Manager 2007 Agent for Agent-Management of Computers
- Provides a set of procedures you can use to deploy the Operations Manager agent for agent-management of computers.
- How to Configure Operations Manager 2007 for Agentless Management of Computers
- Provides the procedure you can use to discover Windows-based computers and configure Operations Manager 2007 to provide agentless management for them.
- How to Configure Operations Manager 2007 to Manage SNMP-Enabled Devices and Computers Not Running Windows
- Provides the procedure you can use to discover Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)-enabled devices and computers running operating systems other than Windows and configure Operations Manager 2007 to manage them.
- How to Use Active Directory Domain Services to Assign Computers to Operations Manager 2007 Management Groups
- Provides the procedures for assigning computers to an Operations Manager 2007 management group by using Active Directory Domain Services.
Other ResourcesSecurity Considerations in Operations Manager 2007
Did you find this information useful? Please send your suggestions and comments about the documentation.