Use the Instant Messaging tab on the Operations Manager 2007 Global Management Group Settings - Notification Dialog Box to configure instant messaging notifications.
This tab contains the following elements.
- Enables instant messaging notifications
- Specifies whether instant messaging notifications are enabled.
- IM server
- Provides a space where you can enter the name of the Instant Message (IM) server.
- Return address
- Provides a space where you can enter the return address that appears in instant message notifications.
- IM port
- Provides a space where you can enter the port the IM server uses to communicate with Operations Manager 2007.
- Protocol option
- Provides a drop-down list from which you can choose protocol options.
- Authentication method
- Provides a drop-down list from which you can choose an authentication method.
- IM message
- A set of properties whose values make up the instant message.
- Right arrow
- Opens a menu of properties you can use to create your instant message.
- Provides a drop-down list from which you can choose the character encoding for the text of your message.
|The return address must be in the form of "sip:email@example.com".|
Did you find this information useful? Please send your suggestions and comments about the documentation.