Create a new Computer Attributes view by using the Navigation pane in the MOM Operator console.
Members of MOM Administrators and MOM Authors can create new views anywhere in an active view, Public Views, or My Views. Members of MOM Users can create a new view only in My Views.
You can create a new view in any existing folder, or create a new folder. To create a new folder, right-click an existing folder, point to New, and then click Folder.
To create a new Computer Attributes view
- In the Navigation pane, click Computers and Groups, right-click the computer or group folder to which you want to add an Attributes view, (for example, Microsoft Operations Manager), point to New, and then click Computer Attributes Viewto open the Create New-Attributes Viewdialog box.
- In the list below Which type of computer attribute do you want to create?, accept the default item, Attributes that satisfy specified criteria.
- The View Descriptionlist is dynamically populated with criteria that correspond to the selection. Click Nextto continue.
- In the list below Which computer attributes do you want to view?, select the check boxes for the attributes that you want to view.
Each enabled attribute automatically creates a hyperlink in the View Description (click the underlined value to edit)viewing area.
- Click each link to open a dialog box to provide more information that is used to select the attribute. When finished entering this information, click OK. Click Nextto continue.
- In the View namebox, type a name. You can optionally type a description in the Descriptionbox
- Click Finishto complete the creation of the view.
The procedure in the following example creates a new Computer Attribute view based on computer IP addresses.
- In the Navigation pane, right-click the folder for the rule group where you want to create the view, point to New, and then click Computer Attributes View.
- Accept the default, and click Next.
- In the Which computer attributes do you want to view?list, select the of specified typecheck box.
- In the View description (click the underlined value to edit)viewing area, click specifiedto open the Typedialog box.
- Select the IP Addresscheck box, and click OK. Click Nextto continue.
- In the View Namebox, type MyNewComputerAttribute. In the Descriptionbox, type A sample Computer Attribute view, and then click Finish.