Use this tab to specify that Microsoft Operations Manager (MOM)
2005 monitor data and generate an alert if the thresholds set are
crossed in either direction.
This tab contains the following options that allow you to set
values, conditions, and overrides:
Specify the threshold value you would like to match
- Select from the following types of calculations that MOM
performs while it monitors the data and then compares it with the
conditions you set.
the sampled value
- MOM calculates data specified in the
Data Providertab for this performance rule, that
is, raw data. For example, if you select
MOM Server-DB%Free Space Available-[ALL]15.0
minutesas the source for sampled data, MOM will monitor
all of the data generated.
The average of values over
- MOM calculates the average threshold value based on how many
samples you specify. For example, if you enter 10 in the samples
box, MOM calculates the average threshold value over those 10
The change in values over
- MOM calculates the changes in the values over the number of
samples you specify. For example, if you enter 20 in the samples
box, MOM calculates the changes in the threshold values over those
Match when the threshold meets the following condition
- After MOM monitors the raw data or performs the appropriate
calculations specified above, it compares the results with one of
the following conditions that you specify.
greater than the following value
- Specify the greater-than value that MOM compares to the
threshold values above. For example, if you enter 100 as the
greater-than value and MOM calculates the average values to be 120,
an alert is generated.
less than the following value
- Specify the less -than value that MOM compares to the threshold
values above. For example, if you enter 50 as the less-than value
and MOM calculates the change in values to be 40, an alert is
- Specify that MOM always compares the threshold value above and
generates an alert.
Enable threshold overrides for this rule
- Specify threshold overrides with override criteria for this
Create Override Criteria