Use this tab to determine membership for the group.
If you use a formula, you must first set search criteria for the computer group. For more information about setting search criteria, see Search for Computers
This tab contains the following options:
- Do not use a formula to determine membership for this computer group
- This option is selected by default. A formula will not be used to determine group membership.
- Specify a formula for the computer group
- Select this option if you want to construct a formula for determining group membership. You can use operators and functions in conjunction with attributes, computer groups, and discovered groups to create the formula.Note
Computers for which your formula evaluate to TRUE are members of this computer group, unless they are in the excluded computers list.
- Click to select from the available list of logical operators: AND, OR, NOT, <, <=, >, >=, =, <>, and ().
- Click to select from MatchRegExor MatchWildcard.
- Click to view a list of existing computer groups whose attributes you want to use.
- Computer Group
- Click to view a list of existing computer groups that you can specify of which the new computer must be a member.
- Discovered Group
- Click to view a list of discovered computer groups that you can specify of which the new computer must be a member.
The following example, used to determine group membership in the Microsoft Operations Manager Database groups, illustrates what a finished formula looks like.
MatchWildcard(AttributeValue(Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Database Server),"5.*")