View and access properties that you can configure for your product connectors.
If you have upgraded from Microsoft® Operations Manager 2000 SP1 with a product connector, you must clear the Destination Management Group is running MOM 2000 SP1check box in the Destination Management Group Propertiesdialog box.
When you click Product Connectorsin the Navigation pane, a table appears in the Detail pane that contains the following information:
- Specifies the name of the product connector.
- Resolution State ID
- Specifies the numeric value for the alert resolution state.
- Outstanding New Alerts
- Specifies the number of outstanding alerts that have been changed in one of the management groups, but have not been forwarded to the other management group.
- Outstanding Updates
- Specifies the number of outstanding alert updates from the destination management group. You can have outstanding alert updates on the destination Management Server if you suspended the product connector. After you re-initialize the product connector, the alerts on the destination Management Server update the source.Note
To receive alert updates from the destination management group, in the Forwarding Propertiesdialog box, you must select the Receive alert updates from Destination back to Sourcecheck box. Additionally, you must enable the alert rule called Mark Alerts for forwarding to MOM Master management groupcontained within the Connector Frameworkrule group. Use the following computer groups: Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Agents, Microsoft Operations Manager 2005 Servers, Microsoft Operations Manager 2000 Agents(if on a mixed environment with MOM 2000 agents).
- Outstanding Discovery Events
- Specifies the number of outstanding discovery events that have changed in one of the management groups, but have not been forwarded to the other management group.
- Is Initialized
- Indicates whether the product connector is up and running.
- Is Suspended
- Indicates whether the product connector is suspended from forwarding any alert or discovery information to the destination management group.Note
When you suspend a product connector, the Is Suspendedcolumn displays Yesin the location from which the connector has been suspended. The MOM Administrator console(s) at the other end of the connector will display Noin the Is Suspendedcolumn. Therefore, the connector must be resumed from the same location that it was suspended from.
To create a MOM-to-MOM Connection
- In the Navigation pane, right-click Product Connectors, and click Create MOM-to-MOM Connection.
- Complete the dialog boxes in the wizard.Note
You can create only one MOM-to-MOM Connection per management group.
To view the properties for your product connectors
- In the Detail pane, right-click a product connector, and then click Properties.
- Make appropriate changes to the properties in this dialog box. For more information about these properties, click Helpon each tab.