Microsoft® Provisioning Framework (MPF) caches configuration data in the Windows® registry to accelerate startup and to enable MPF to continue processing whenever the configuration database is unreachable.
The following MPF registry keys are stored in \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Provisioning:
- Audit and Recovery Service, which settings that support Provisioning Auditing and Recovery Service.
- Client, which stores settings that support clients.
- Engine, which settings that support provisioning engines.
- Isapi, which stores settings that support SOAP ISAPI. For more information on this key, see Authorization During Request Submittal.
- Providers, which has subkeys for Error Provider, HTTP and SOAP Provider, and SQL Provider.
- Queue Manager, which stores settings that support Provisioning Queue Manager Service.
By default, only members of the MPFAdmins and MPFServiceAccts groups (and, for Client, MPFClientAccts) have access permissions for MPF registry keys; these permissions vary by group and key. To view and change permissions, use regedt32, Security.
Top of Page
© 1999-2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.