Microsoft® Provisioning Framework (MPF) uses providers to execute requests. A provider is a COM object with one or more procedures that automate specific tasks. The provider is implemented as a .DLL file with a corresponding namespace registered in the configuration database.
MPF ships with a number of providers and namespaces that support:
- Microsoft® Active Directory®
- Execution of scripts and commands
- Error remapping for localization and context-sensitive applications
- Windows file system and registry
- HTTP and SOAP requests
- SQL Server™
- Application installation using Microsoft® Windows® Installer
For a complete list, see Standard Providers and Namespaces.
In addition to using standard providers, it is possible to develop custom providers for provisioning applications that require unique solutions.
Top of Page
© 1999-2002 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.