Who Uses MPF?
Microsoft® Provisioning Framework (MPF) supports the following
user roles and tasks.
|Service provider who uses MPF for subscriber provisioning
- Writing named procedures that
provision users with accounts, mailboxes, and other services.
- Allocating users to resources.
- Monitoring and optimizing resource consumption.
|Data center administrator who uses MPF for data center
|Developer who creates a service offering
- Writing procedures that describe sets of provisioning steps and
the data to be provisioned. A procedure can call multiple providers.
custom providers and to integrate other applications with
new procedures and providers in the configuration
- and debugging
providers and procedures.
- Creating Web forms that collect user data for provisioning
requests and send success and error responses.
|Developer for an independent software vendor (ISV) that wants
to provision a product as a subscription service
- Developing custom providers to integrate other applications
- Testing and debugging providers and procedures.
MPF?, What is