Event View Window
Allows you to view events that meet specified criteria. The
default event view is the All
Windows Events Window. Event views do not refresh
automatically. To refresh the data in an event view, see Refreshing the Right
Each row in the right pane displays data for a single event. The
columns in an event view are defined as follows:
- Specifies the Windows event type, such as error, warning, or
- Specifies the date and time at when the event occurred. The
time is shown in the time zone of local computer.
- Specifies the name of the computer on which the event
- Provider Type
- Specifies the type of event provider that generated the event,
such as a Windows event log.
- Provider Name
- Specifies the name of the event provider, such as Application
- Specifies the application that logged the event, such as
OnePointService or MSSQL Server.
- Event ID
- Specifies the Windows event number.
- Specifies the description of the event.
To add columns to the right pane, click View on the menu
bar, and then click Columns on the View menu. You can add
the following columns:
- Specifies the agent that detected the event.
- Agent Directory
- Specifies the folder where the Microsoft Operations
Manager 2000 agent software is installed on the computer on
which the event was generated.
- Agent Domain
- Specifies the domain to which the agent belongs.
- Specifies the Windows text string that describes the
- Specifies whether this event represents a number of identical
events consolidated by a consolidation processing rule and, if so,
the number of consolidated events this event represents.
- Specifies the domain to which the computer belongs.
- Generated Alerts
- Specifies whether the event generated an alert and, if so, how
many alerts the event generated.
- Specifies the globally unique identifier for the event.
- Specifies the name of the Windows account logged onto the
computer that generated the event.