Creating an Event Processing Rule
Event processing rules define what Microsoft Operations
Manager 2000 (MOM) will do with specified events.
To create an event processing rule:
- Expand Microsoft Operations Manager (default) in the
- Expand Rules in the left pane.
- Expand Processing Rule Groups in the left pane.
- Expand the processing rule group to which you want to add an
event processing rule. For information about creating a processing
rule group, see Creating a
Processing Rule Group.
- Click Event Processing Rules in the left pane.
- Click Action on the menu bar.
- Click one of the following items on the Action
- Alert on or Respond to Event
- Specifies that you want MOM to generate an alert or run a
response when specific events occur. You can create event rules
when certain events are not covered in other processing rules.
- Filter Event
- Specifies whether you want MOM to ignore specified events.
Filtering rules typically identify events that you do not consider
- Detect Missing Event
- Specifies that MOM generates an alert or a response when
particular events do not occur during a specified time.
- Consolidate Similar Events
- Specifies that MOM groups multiple similar events on an agent
computer into a single summary event.
- Collect Specific Events
- Identify events with specific criteria to be collected from
specific sources. Collection rules do not provide responses or
- Follow the instructions until you have finished creating an
event processing rule. For more information about the fields on a
window, click Help.