Alerting on or Responding to an Event
To alert on or respond to a particular event, you must create an
event rule. You can create an event rule when specific
events are not covered by other processing rules.
For information about creating a processing rule based on an
existing event, see Creating an
Alert Based on an Event.
To create an event rule:
- Expand Microsoft Operations Manager (default) in the
- Expand Rules in the left pane.
- Expand Processing Rule Groups in the left pane.
- Expand the processing rule group to which you want to add the
new event rule. For information about creating a processing rule
group, see Creating a
Processing Rule Group.
- Click Event Processing Rules in the left pane.
- Click Action on the menu bar.
- Click Alert on or Respond to Event on the Action
- Follow the instructions until you have finished creating the
event rule. For more information about the fields on a window,