This appendix defines the different personas, or roles, and responsibilities of those personas when using the Microsoft Application Approval Workflow Administrator’s Guide to create and manage AAW requests.
Consumer (User): Requests an application from the Configuration Manager Application Catalog.
Consumer (Approver): Approves or denies application requests from the Service Manager Portal.
Provider (Application Administrator):
1. Defines and maintains AAW criteria for specific:
· Applications or application groups
· Users or user groups
2. Assigns approvers—for example, a line manager who needs to provide approval
3. Reviews application approval requests in the Service Manager console
4. Manages, defines, and maintains AAW criteria templates:
· Reorders the sequence in which workflow approval criteria should be executed
· Creates default templates that can apply to multiple applications, application groups, users, or user groups
· Runs simulations before implementing criteria
· Allows additional templates and activities