The Software Update Management dialog box in Configuration Manager 2007 displays on client computers when at least one required software update has been deployed to the computer and is available for installation. You can choose to install all required software updates, select from a list of available software updates and then initiate the installation, or close the dialog box and install the software updates at a later time.
|The installation for required software updates will automatically initiate at the configured deadline, which is displayed in the Available Software Updates dialog box. If a system restart is required after the installation completes, it will automatically be initiated.|
The Software Update Management dialog box contains the following elements:
- Express (Recommended)
- Specifies that all required software updates will be installed. Click Install to initiate the installation.
- Custom (Advanced)
- Specifies that the Available Software Updates dialog box will be opened where both mandatory and optional software updates are displayed. This dialog box allows you to select which software updates to install from the list of required and optional updates, as well as schedule software update installation at a specific date and time.Click Next to open the Available Software Updates dialog box.
- Initiates the installation for all required software updates.
- Opens the Available Software Updates dialog box. This option is available when the Custom (Advanced) setting is selected.
- Exits the dialog box without installing software updates.