|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Verify That the SampleEditor Project Builds Correctly
The SampleEditor project provides an example of how to create a custom wizard page editor for the UDI Wizard Designer. For more information about the SampleEditor project, see Review the SampleEditor Visual Studio Solution.
To verify that the SampleEditor project builds correctly
1. Start Visual Studio 2010.
2. Open the SampleEditor project.
The SampleEditor project resides in the local_folder\SDK\UDI\SampleEditor folder (where local_folder is the folder you created earlier in the process).
3. In Visual Studio 2010, in Solution Explorer, select the SampleEditor project.
4. From the Project menu, click Add Reference.
The Add Reference dialog box opens.
5. In the Add Reference dialog box, click the Browse tab.
6. On the Browse tab, go to installation_folder\Bin (where installation_folder is the folder in which you installed MDT). Select the following files, and then click OK:
Note You can select multiple files on the Browse tab by holding down the CTRL key while you click the files.
7. In Solution Explorer, go to SampleEditor/References.
8. Verify that none of the references have any warnings or errors.
9. In Solution Explorer, right-click the SampleEditor project, and then click Properties.
The SampleEditor Property Pages dialog box appears.
10. In the SampleEditor Property Pages dialog box, click the Debug tab.
11. On the Debug tab, click Start external program.
12. In Start external program, type installation_folder\Bin\UDIDesigner.exe (where installation_folder is the folder in which you installed MDT), and then click OK.
Tip You can click the ellipse (…) button to browse to the folder and select UDIDesigner.exe.
13. From the File menu, click Save All.
14. Copy the local_folder\SDK\SamplePage\SamplePage.dll.config file to the installation_folder\Bin\Config folder (where local_folder is the folder you created on the development computer earlier in the configuration process and installation_folder is the folder in which you installed MDT).
15. In Visual Studio 2010, from the Debug menu, click Start Debugging.
The UDI Wizard Designer starts.
16. In the UDI Wizard Designer, on the Ribbon, click Open.
The Open dialog box appears.
17. In the Open dialog box, open the local_folder\SDK\SamplePage\SamplePage\Config.xml file (where local_folder is the folder you created on the development computer earlier in the configuration process).
The Config.xml file opens, and the Custom StageGroup is displayed in the details pane.
18. In the details pane, click the Configure tab.
19. Review the configuration information for the Location box, including the following:
· Unlocked button, with which you enable or disable the Location box
· Default value box, in which you enter a default value to be displayed in the Location box
· Friendly display name visible in summary page, in which you enter the caption for the information displayed on the Summary page
· Location list box, which includes a list of possible locations
20. Close the UDI Wizard Designer.
21. Close Visual Studio 2010.