When you create a deployment share using the Deployment Workbench, a DeployRoot property is automatically created and populated in the BootStrap.ini file. Because the LocationServer.xml file is used to populate the DeployRoot property, you must remove this value from the BootStrap.ini file.
To remove the DeployRoot property from BootStrap.ini
1. Click Start, and then point to All Programs. Point to Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and then click Deployment Workbench.
2. In the Deployment Workbench console tree, go to Deployment Workbench/Deployment Shares/deployment_share (where deployment_share is the name of the deployment share to configure).
3. In the Actions pane, click Properties.
4. In the deployment_share Properties dialog box (where deployment_share is the name of the deployment share), click the Rules tab, and then click Edit BootStrap.ini.
5. Remove the DeployRoot value (for example, DeployRoot=\\Server\Deployment$).
6. Click File, and then click Save to save the changes to the BootStrap.ini file.
7. Click OK to submit the changes.