After configuring the Windows PE options for the deployment share, update the deployment share. Updating the deployment share updates all the MDT configuration files and generates a customized version of Windows PE. The customized version of Windows PE is used to start the reference computer and initiate the LTI deployment process.
To update the deployment share in the Deployment Workbench
1. Click Start, and then point to All Programs. Point to Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and then click Deployment Workbench.
2. In the Deployment Workbench console tree, go to Deployment Workbench/Deployment Shares/deployment_share (where deployment_share is the name of the deployment share to configure).
3. In the Actions pane, click Update Deployment Share.
The Update Deployment Share Wizard starts.
4. On the Options page, select the desired options for updating the deployment share, and then click Next.
5. On the Summary page, verify the details are correct, and then click Next.
6. On the Confirmation page, click Finish.
The Deployment Workbench starts updating the deployment share. The Deployment Workbench creates the LiteTouchPE_x86.iso and LiteTouchPE_x86.wim files (for 32-bit target computers) or LiteTouchPE_x64.iso and LiteTouchPE_x64.wim files (for 64-bit target computers) in the deployment_share\Boot folder (where deployment_share is the shared folder used as the deployment share).