|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Step 5-6: Customize the Task Sequence for the Target Computer
For most deployments, the Windows 7 Target Deployment task sequence created earlier in the process performs all the necessary steps without modification. In this sample, modify the task sequence template to set the password for the local Administrator account to a known value. (By default, the task sequence sets the password for the local Administrator account to a random value.) The task sequence may require further customization depending on the environment.
To customize the Windows 7 Target Deployment task sequence
1. Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft System Center 2012. Point to Configuration Manager, and then click Configuration Manager Console.
2. In the Configuration Manager console, in the navigation pane, click Software Library.
3. In the Software Library workspace, go to Overview/Operating Systems/Task Sequences.
4. In the preview pane, click Windows 7 Reference Deployment.
5. On the Ribbon, on the Home tab, in the Task Sequence group, click Edit.
The Windows 7 Reference Deployment Task Sequence Editor dialog box opens.
6. In the Windows 7 Reference Deployment Task Sequence Editor dialog box, go to PostInstall/Apply Windows Settings.
7. On the Properties tab, click Enable the account and specify the local administrator password.
8. On the Properties tab, in Password and Confirm Password, type P@ssw0rd, and then click Apply.
9. Make any additional modifications to the task sequence that the environment requires, and then click OK.
10. Close all open windows and dialog boxes.