|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Step 5-5: Customize the Task Sequence for the Target Computer
For most deployments, the Windows 7 Target Deployment task sequence template created earlier in the process performs all the necessary steps without modification. In this sample, modify the task sequence template to set the password for the local Administrator account to a known value. (By default, the task sequence sets the password for the local Administrator account to a random value.) The task sequence may require further customization depending on the environment.
To customize the Windows 7 Target Deployment task sequence template
1. Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft System Center. Point to Configuration Manager 2007, and then click ConfigMgr Console.
2. In the Configuration Manager console navigation pane, go to Site Database/Computer Management/Operating System Deployment/Task Sequences.
3. In the preview pane, click Windows 7 Target Deployment.
4. In the preview pane, click Edit.
5. In the Windows 7 Target Deployment Task Sequence Editor dialog box, go to PostInstall/Apply Windows Settings.
6. On the Properties tab, click Enable the account and specify the local administrator password.
7. On the Properties tab, in Password and Confirm Password, type P@ssw0rd, and then click Apply.
8. Make any additional modifications to the task sequence template that the environment requires, and then click OK.
9. Close all open windows and dialog boxes.