|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Step 3-6: Update the Distribution Points for the Custom Settings Files Package
When the source folder has been updated for the MDT Reference Computer Custom Settings package in Configuration Manager 2012, update the distribution points for the MDT Reference Computer Custom Settings Files package. Updating the distribution points copies the updated version of the CustomSettings.ini file to the deployment shares specified in the package.
To update the distribution points for the Custom Settings package
1. Click Start, point to All Programs, and then point to Microsoft System Center 2012. Point to Configuration Manager, and then click Configuration Manager Console.
2. In the Configuration Manager console, in the navigation pane, click Software Library.
3. In the Software Library workspace, go to Overview/Application Management/Packages.
4. In the preview pane, click MDT Reference Computer Custom Settings.
5. On the Ribbon, on the Home tab, in the Deployment group, click Update Distribution Points.
The Configuration Manager dialog box opens, notifying you that you are going to update the package on all distribution points.
6. In the Configuration Manager dialog box, click OK.
7. Close all open windows and dialog boxes.
Configuration Manager 2012 starts updating the distribution points with the latest versions of the CustomSettings.ini file. This process could take several minutes. Check the status of the package until the Last Update value of the package status has been updated to a recent date and time.