|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Selecting a Local MDT Server When Multiple Servers Exist
In this scenario, multiple MDT servers are being used to support a high volume of simultaneous deployments and deployments across multiple sites. When an LTI deployment is initialized, the default behavior is to request a path to the MDT server to connect to and access the required files to begin the deployment process.
The Windows Deployment Wizard can use the LocalServer.xml file to present a choice of known deployment servers for each location.
Use the LocationServer.xml file by:
· Understanding the purpose and use of LocationServer.xml as described in Understanding LocationServer.xml
· Creating the LocationServer.xml file as described in Creating the LocationServer.xml File
· Adding the LocationServer.xml file to the Extra Files directory as described in Adding the LocationServer.xml File to the Extra Files Directory
· Updating the BootStrap.ini file as described in Updating the BootStrap.ini File
· Updating the deployment share as described in Updating the Deployment Share
This scenario assumes that MDT is configured on a deployment server.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit Samples
Creating the LocationServer.xml File
Adding the LocationServer.xml File to the Extra Files Directory
Updating the BootStrap.ini File
Updating the Deployment Share