|Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
Review Known Issues, Limitations, and Recommendations for Saving and Restoring User Information
The following is a list of known issues, limitations, and recommendations for saving and restoring user information in MDT:
· For LTI deployments, do not add any of the following USMT command-line parameters to the ScanStateArgs or LoadStateArgs properties, as they cause the saving and restoration of user state information to fail:
This issue can occur when the target computer has two physical hard disks, Disk_0 and Disk_1. Disk_0 contains the C volume, which is encrypted using BitLocker. The MDT deployment process is configured to deploy a new operating system to Disk_1. The problems in the deployment process occur as follows:
· Early the deployment process, the minint and smstasksequence folders are copied to the existing C volume, which is encrypted.
· Disk_1 is partitioned and formatted properly in preparation for deploying the target operating system.
· The target operating system is installed on the new partition and disk volume on Disk_1.
· During the State Restore Phase, the original C volume is not assigned a drive letter, so the task sequence steps in the State Restore Phase cannot access the minint and smstasksequence folders on the BitLocker-encrypted drive. The restoration of the user state migration data fails.
The result is that the target operating system is installed, but the restoration of the user state migration data fails.