One the UDI Wizard page types available in the Page Library in the UDI Wizard Designer is the LanguagePage wizard page type. The LanguagePage wizard page type allows you to select the:
· Default language
· Time and currency format (locale)
· Keyboard layout
· Time zone
Specifically, the LanguagePage wizard page allows you select the default language of the target operating system. However, additional steps must be performed to support the selection and subsequent deployment of the language pack for the target operating system.
To support the deployment of multiple languages as the default language for target computers
1. Add a language pack that you want to support in UDI using the Install Language Packs Offline task sequence step type to:
· Configuration Manager 2012 as described in Add Language Packs in Configuration Manager 2012
· Configuration Manager 2007 R3 as described in Add Language Packs in Configuration Manager 2007 R3
2. For the Install Language Packs Offline task sequence step created in step 1, configure the task sequence step to run on the condition that the UILanguage task sequence variable is equal to the language pack added in step 1
Tip You configure conditions on the Options tab of the task sequence step. Add a Task Sequence Variable condition.
For example, if you add a Japanese language pack, then the condition for the corresponding Install Language Packs Offline task sequence step will be for the UILanguage task sequence variable to be equal to JA-JP.
For more information on the LanguagePage wizard page type in the UDI Wizard Designer, see the corresponding section in the User-Driven Installation Developers Guide.